dinsdag 20 juli 2010

The beginning (of the Blues) I !



For me this is the beginning of my brand new blog: "The Blues Revival". The purpose of this blog, and I know this sounds a bit overambitious,  is to try to give the blues the attention it deserves in modern society! This blog will be about everything which relates to the blues... The old blues cats, the new blues kids and also the youtube blues generation (the people who broadcast themselves), Delta blues, Chicago blues.... The stories, the documentaries, the cd's, the lyrics... Whatever you can think of!!! I hope you all have a great time reading and participating in this blog!!!

To start off I think it's a good thing to try to define the blues and that's a hell of a job because CAN it be defined? Maybe not but one of the best definitions of the blues was from Willie Brown: "The blues ain't nothin' but a good man feelin' bad". 


There's some footage of Howlin' Wolf where he's talking about: What is the blues?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten